In yesterday’s session, Everything Everywhere’s Gary Arndt shared with us how he went from software entrepreneur to world traveler, earning six-figures from his blog and traveling to over 160 countries in 7 years. If you want to create for yourself a life of travel, there are few people more accomplished than Gary in travel blogging entrepreneurship. Have a listen to part 1, if you haven’t already or sit back and enjoy part 2 of my conversation with Gary Arndt.
Today’s guest is known as one of the most prolific and trafficked travel bloggers in the world.
Gary Arndt has been traveling around the world nonstop since 2007, across all 7 continents and over 160 different countries and territories, and writing and photographing his experiences on one of the biggest travel blogs out there, Everything Everywhere. He also podcasts at This Week in Travel with our mutual friend and podcasting legend, Chris Christensen.
Because Gary got started at the right time, lived his message of travel, and delivered quality content across the board, he’s become one of a few bloggers who makes six figures from his travel blog, which alone seems to captivate a lot of people, particularly those attempting to follow in his footsteps.
As a result, I’ve had the pleasure of running into Gary a couple times and always enjoy my interactions with a person so widely knowledgeable about the world and travel industry. But I’m excited today to get to know Gary the person, where he’s from, and where he’s going.
What we cover:
- Why now is a great time to go to Egypt, because of the perceived fear about the destination.
- Where Gary would not go right now.
- Gary’s travel goals with over 160 countries behind him.
- How he came to the decision to persist travel blogging despite nobody paying attention at a time when nobody else was travel blogging as a business.
- Gary’s indispensable travel blogging advice.
- How travel blogging is exactly like pornography. Why are people buying travel magazines that discuss 30-40 countries in every issue when that’s more countries than most people visit in one lifetime?
- And more!
Music credit: Intrepid Journey, by Aaron Static
Become a Friend of the Show: Please subscribe and review!
It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. We’d be grateful for a review. Leave one here. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me! I’d love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your support!
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂