Today’s guest is known as one of the most prolific and trafficked travel bloggers in the world.
Gary Arndt has been traveling around the world nonstop since 2007, across all 7 continents and over 160 different countries and territories, and writing and photographing his experiences on one of the biggest travel blogs out there, Everything Everywhere. He also podcasts at This Week in Travel with our mutual friend and podcasting legend, Chris Christensen.
Because Gary got started at the right time, lived his message of travel, and delivered quality content across the board, he’s become one of a few bloggers who makes six figures from his travel blog, which alone seems to captivate a lot of people, particularly those attempting to follow in his footsteps.
As a result, I’ve had the pleasure of running into Gary a couple times and always enjoy my interactions with a person so widely knowledgeable about the world and travel industry. But I’m excited today to get to know Gary the person, where he’s from, and where he’s going.
What we cover:
- How selling his software company in 1998 led him to being sent on his first travel experience, an around the world trip to speak about the software for his its ownership, and why he quit as soon as he returned.
- What sent him back on the road in 2007.
- What happened to Gary’s excitement for travel and new experience after 7 years of nonstop travel and what excites him now.
- Why hasn’t Gary been to many of the larger countries, like Russia, Brazil, China.
- The world is safer than you anticipate it to be.
Music credit: Intrepid Journey, by Aaron Static
Become a Friend of the Show: Please subscribe and review!
It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. We’d be grateful for a review. Leave one here. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me! I’d love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your support!
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂