Lauren Salisbury is the founder of Something In Her Ramblings, a travel blog aimed at inspiring women and solo travelers to explore the open road. A California native, she has found the best way to get to know a region of the world is to live there, and with that in mind has worked in four countries.
While earning a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Maryland, she wrote for NBC News and spent six months living in Melbourne, Australia. After graduating, she moved to Florida to work in Public Affairs at Walt Disney World Resort. In 2013 she took a leap of faith and left her settled existence in the United States behind to teach English in Madrid. During this year she fulfilled her goal of visiting 25 countries in her 25th year of life.
Lauren’s next adventure takes place in Costa Rica, where she is currently living in the rainforest and working as Social Media & Marketing Manager for Outward Bound.
What We Cover:
- Lauren got her start traveling with her family, road tripping across the country.
- How travel changed Lauren, giving her – a self-described introvert – a desire for connection with other people and opening her mind to the possibility that she can live abroad whenever she wants.
- How Lauren finds housing when she arrives in the places she wants to live, like Melbourne and Madrid.
- Why Lauren went to Spain to begin with, and wound up living as the only girl with people she didn’t know.
- How she went to 25 countries in 1 year, and how taking on this quest led her to find life-changing experiences and create an amazing legend for herself.
- Music credit: Intrepid Journey, by Aaron Static
Become a Friend of the Show: Please subscribe and review!
It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. We’d be grateful for a review. Leave one here. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me! I’d love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your support!
Want more solo female travel inspiration?
Enter your name and email and we'll send you all of our interviews with ho havenʼt let going it alone stop them from pursuing their dream to see the world, live an adventurous life, and explore the limits of their curiosity and creativity.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂