When Johnny Jet was 18, he was terrified of flying. He had a bad case of anxiety that made it difficult to get out of his home. Then, he met a girl who wanted him to go to Hong Kong with her. So, he talked his dad into buying him a cheap business class fare. The freedom of new experience in tandem with earning frequent flyer miles changed his life. He became addicted to traveling with miles. Today, he’s one of the biggest authorities in airfare deals while being featured on CNN, Travel Channel, BBC Travel, Travel and Leisure, and many other major publications.
Today, we’re adding The Daily Travel Podcast to that list. We discuss how getting out of his comfort zone changed his life for the better as well as Johnny’s best travel advice to inspire and help you travel further and more often for less.
For anyone who might be afraid of flying, understand that even a rockstar like Johnny Jet has tricks to take his mind off the flight. Have a listen and enjoy the show!
Quotes from an explorer
“So many people are afraid to travel overseas because they’re sitting there at home watching the news.”
What we cover:
- How Johnny fell in love with travel and flying
- How he got past his anxiety to get out of his house, and not just fly, but also fell in love with flying long distance.
- How Johnny got started earning frequent flyer miles, and why he can’t ever go back
- How he got started with his business by starting a free newsletter for his coworkers
- Why Johnny Jet knew that after a trip to Hong Kong, he knew he’d never stop traveling.
- How to get over a fear of flying
Johnny’s Best Travel Advice:
- How to Find the Cheapest Airfare: Johnny Jet’s guide to how to find cheap flights
- Packing List: You don’t need as much as you think you do. Ditch the huge suitcase. Carry on only. Wear all your bulky stuff on the plane.
- Favorite Internet Tool: ITA Software’s Matrix
- Favorite Travel Book: 202 Tips Even the Best Business Travelers May Not Know by Chris McGinnis. The Longest Way Home: One Man’s Quest for the Courage to Settle Down by Andrew McCarthy.
- Favorite Travel Gear: Johnny’s travel journal helps take his mind off flying.
- Weirdest Food: Grub worm in New Zealand. “Tastes like chicken!”
Mentioned in this Show:
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂