Erin McNeaney and Simon Fairbairn sold it all to travel indefinitely.
In 2008, they took a year to go to travel around India, South East Asia, Australia, the South Pacific and the US, and after seeing and doing so much in just a year, they couldn’t stand to return to their lives in the UK. So, rather than put off travel for someday, they made that day March 1, 2010, and left to spend a year in South America, with just carry-on backpacks and no end in sight.
Together they’ve defined what living means to them and created a life of travel they write about on their popular travel blog NeverEndingVoyage.com, where they document their journeys, the challenges, launching a travel app, and embracing the untethered life as a digital nomad couple.
I’m going to talk to about Erin about why they made travel a bigger priority in their life, and how they do it.
What We Cover:
- How Erin and Simon escaped the drudgery of their everyday lives in England to become digital nomads.
- How Erin discovered the world of digital nomads and how she saved up, sold everything and got into the lifestyle within 9 months.
- What Erin and Simon do to support their life of perpetual travel.
- How living on the road can be cheaper than staying at home
- Erin and Simon organize their lives between travel periods and work periods, in which they stay put.
- Erin and Simon’s blog, Neverending Voyage
- Their articles on San Pancho, the small village near Puerto Vallarta we discuss
Erin’s Best Travel Advice:
- The First Step: You’ve just got to go.
- Money Saving Tip: TrailWallet, their own travel app to help you track your savings
- Packing Tip: Find that bag, maximum 40-50 liters, that you can carry on. Then limit yourself to that bag.
- Favorite Internet Travel Resource: Happy Cow, to help you find vegetarian restaurants around the world.
- Favorite Travel Book: The God of Small Things: A Novel, by Arundhati Roy
- Favorite Travel Gear: Her Kindle
- Weirdest Food: In Japan, Konnyakyu (Devil’s Tongue)
Like the show? I’d love a rating and review!
Take action and please share the show! All you have to do is click one of the social sharing buttons at the top of this post.
Also please leave a rating or review on iTunes! It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
Thank you so much for your support!
See you next time!
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂