Michael Turtle is an explorer and writer. Like me, Michael quit his job as a TV producer at age 30 to create a life of travel, to finally experience the complexity of the world at his own pace.
On his website, Time Travel Turtle, he invites you to explore the people, culture and stories that happen to him on the road. That is, until he gets bored — which I’m predicting will never happen. In his own words, his posts “are the stories behind the brochures. They tell the tales of the history and the culture of the countries I visit.” He’s even been over to North Korea and I might ask him about that.
Words from an Explorer
“Sometimes a chat can open up these little doors and you either be invited to go through them or ask.”
What we discuss
- Michael shares his travel stories and exposure to the cultures he’s come across in his journeys
- His weirdest stories, including Cat Cafes and an animal penis restaurant
- How travel has changed his perspective on the world
- How the effects of travel have changed Michael, making him a more patient, forgiving person
Michael’s Travel Advice
- The First Step: Know why you want to travel.
- Money Saving Tip: Look at the big picture. Would a more expensive flight take you to a cheaper country?
- Packing Tip: “You’re going on a trip, not a fashion show.” Pack as few as possible of the things you don’t need to replace regularly. Pack as many of things you need to wash regular.
- Internet Travel Resource: Google Maps
- Favorite Travel Gear: Hoodie jumper (a hooded sweatshirt)
- Weirdest Food: Fried Tarantula
Mentioned on this Show
- Michael Turtle’s website, timetravelturle.com
Like the show? I’d love a rating and review!
Take action and please share the show! All you have to do is click one of the social sharing buttons at the top of this post.
Also please leave a rating or review on iTunes! It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
Thank you so much for your support!
See you next time!
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂