Cailin’s been making films since she was 12, and traveling for even longer. So one day, having the background she has, she decided that rather than dream to have her own travel series on television, she’d just go out there and do it herself. She took a videographer with her to Madrid where she filmed the first episode of her own Youtube series, Travel Yourself.
Today, rather than following a traditional career path, she’s taking every opportunity she can to get out and see the world and build a life of travel. From her perspective, this huge leap has made her a happier person, and one who can’t ever stop traveling.
Words from an Explorer:
“I don’t think I’m missing out from what I see my friends doing. I just think I’m going to get around to it a different way.”
What you’ll learn:
- How to travel as a solo female, safely.
- Why solo travel can be both overwhelming and liberating, and how to balance that.
- Why certain tours, like G Adventures, can be a great way for a solo-female travelers to adjust
- Other strategies for solo female travelers to get started if aren’t tours aren’t your thing
- Whether or not my philosophy about getting lost is good advice for solo female travelers
Cailin’s Best Travel Advice
- The First Step: If you’re thinking about doing it then you’re already halfway there. Just do it.
- Money Saving Tip or Travel Hack: Hostels are great! Book a private room if you need to ease your way into it, and you’ll find they’re amazing places to meet amazing people.
- Favorite Internet Tool: ITA Software’s Matrix helped her get flights from New York > Paris > Johannesberg for $875 all in by researching on ITA’s Matrix.
- Packing Tool: Roll up your clothes! It saves a ton of space.
- Favorite Internet Resource: Facebook! It connects her to her readership in a way that helps her get the best recommendations.
- Favorite Travel Gear: Cailin recommends her Nikon D5200
- Weirdest Food: Fermented Shark and Brennivín (Black Death) in Iceland.
Mentioned in this Show:
- Cailin’s website, Travelyourself.ca
- ITA’s Matrix
Like the show? I’d love a rating and review!
Take action and please share the show! All you have to do is click one of the social sharing buttons at the top of this post.
Also please leave a rating or review on iTunes! It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
Thank you so much for your support!
See you next time!
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂