After being laid off in 2012, Candice Walsh took the opportunity to jump into a life of travel – along the way figuring out how to start her own location independent career as a freelance travel, copy, and creative writer and editor. She writes about this journey on her website, Candice Does the World. Nowadays she’s made travel a bigger part of and priority in her life, which is now stationed out of Newfoundland, and I’m excited to explore all things Candice, how she’s created the life she has and why this matters.
A quick preview:
- How Candice let a lay off from an uncreative position as a technical writer become one of the best things that’s ever happened to her.
- What prevented her from quitting her job and then what scared her most about traveling.
- Candice’s plan to transition from work to travel writing.
- How Candice carved out a niche for herself by writing about Newfoundland, a destination without enough coverage.
- Travel has helped Candice develop an appreciation for home, and writing about Newfoundland has exposed her to her own backyard in a way she’d never mentioned.
- Candice’s recommendations for experiencing Newfoundland.
- Candice Does the World
- @candicewalsh on Twitter
- Music credit: Intrepid Journey, by Aaron Static
Become a Friend of the Show: Please subscribe and review!
It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. We’d be grateful for a review. Leave one here. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me! I’d love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your support!
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂