After growing up in Southern California, Kristin Addis found herself an investment banker who couldn’t ignore the call to adventure. So in 2012, after a year-long recovery from a debilitating shoulder surgery helped her realize she wasn’t satisfied with her career, she quit her job, got rid of her stuff, and chose experiences instead, hitting the road independently to explore without guide books and using just her wits.
I’m excited to learn more about how someone can make the bold decision to quit a lucrative career for a much more challenging, albeit personally rewarding, lifestyle – and what solo-travel has meant for her. She even took on the Annapurna Circuit without a guide and in this episode, you’ll hear she did it and how you can to.
What We Cover:
- How shoulder surgery helped Kristin realize her priority was to see the world, not pursue an unfulfilling career.
- When she realized she was not going back and that she could create a new career from her blog.
- Even though she travels solo, she explains how she’s rarely alone.
- Be My Travel Muse
- Kristin’s post on Burning Man
- How to Prepare for the Annapurna Circuit
- The Annapurna Circuit Without a Guide
Become a Friend of the Show: Please subscribe and review!
It just takes a second and you can help the show increase its rankings on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. We’d be grateful for a review. Leave one here. If you do, click here to let me know so I can personally thank you!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me! I’d love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your support!
Want the secrets of the most successful travel influencers?
Get the best interviews with the most successful travel influencers in one valuable PDF guide. Learn what makes them successful and more.
Plus, we'll send you a few big surprises 🙂